Tuesday , April 24, 2018

LPG outlet explosion hurts 1

AN ATTENDANT of a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) outlet was injured in an explosion shortly after 1 p.m. on Friday, August 4, in Barangay Putik, Zamboanga City.

The victim, identified as Rafael Ipulan, was hospitalized due to blast.

Investigation showed that prior to the explosion, a customer arrived at the outlet to complain about a leak of his portable LPG stove, locally known as “gasulito.”

The customer left and is set to return to pick up his stove, which Ipulan placed on the ground to be repaired.

However, the portable LPG stove suddenly exploded when Ipulan went upstairs to close the door of the LPG outlet.

The explosion injured Ipulan and damaged the outlet including the two stalls beside it.

Chief Inspector Arlan Delumpines, Police Station 5 chief, said that they strongly believed that “wiring spark” triggered the explosion.

“It was purely an accident,” Delumpines added. (SunStar Philippines)