SECTIONS
Tuesday , April 24, 2018

Police still positive on Bacaro murder case despite dismissal

THE Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) is planning to reopen the murder case against two police officers and a dismissed policeman dismissed by the City Prosecutor’s Office for lack of probable cause.

Senior Superintendent Jack Wanky, acting director of BCPO, said on Thursday, October 5, that they will either re-file or file a motion for reconsideration.

Involved were Police Officer 2 Marlon Famucol, Police Officer 3 Dareen Ann Aguas, both assigned at the Philippine National Police headquarters in Camp Crame, and former Police Officer 1 Jason Sumalangcay.

The three were accused in the killing of Byron Bacarro, principal witness in the rob-slay of a Chinese businessman and security guard of JDS Mindoro Enterprises Corp. in December last year.

Bacaro, who implicated Sumalangcay and Famucol in the robbery-killing of Chinese national Changle Wu, son of the owner of JDS Mindoro Enterprises Corp., and security guard Jilbert Mayang, was found dead in Barangay Granada on January 24, two days after he reportedly retracted his sworn statement.

A month after his death, charges for robbery with homicide and three counts of frustrated homicide filed against Famucol and Sumalangcay in relation to the Christmas robbery were also dismissed by the City Prosecutor’s Office.

READ: Murder complaint vs 2 cops, ex-cop dismissed

“We will seek other means to re-open the case because we believe we have done out part to provide the right evidences,” Wanky said.


VIEW COMMENTS