Sunday , June 24, 2018

Binag to Negrense police: ‘Perform as we transform’

CHIEF Superintendent Cesar Binag, director of Police Regional Office (PRO)-Western Visayas, met with all police chiefs of Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office (Nocppo) and Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) in a command conference Saturday in Bacolod.

Binag listened to them share their situations in their respective areas of responsibility and gave his over-all instructions.

He stressed his order: “We perform as we transform.”

Binag told the Negrense policemen to perform well in the campaign against illegal drugs, illegal gambling, and other forms of criminality, insurgency, and valiant extremism.

“We’ll hit the ground running,” he said.

Binag said they will also transform their personnel, system, and processes in the organization as one of their priorities.

Over the weekend, the facilities and properties of the deactivated PRO-Negros Island Region (NIR) were turned over to PRO-Western Visayas, after the initial turnover of documents on Friday.

Binag said the building of PRO-NIR inside the Camp Alfredo Montelibano Sr. in Bacolod will be utilized as a satellite office to provide better services to policemen in the province without going to Iloilo City to process their administrative requirements and other compliance.

The PRO-NIR finance office will remain and personnel will be assigned for supervision, he added.

Binag said 60 percent of the properties went to PRO-Western Visayas and the remaining 40 percent will be given to PRO-Central Visayas.

He added that personnel and staff were equally distributed to both regions.

Asked about a possible reshuffling, Binag said he will first evaluate the performance of the officials because he wanted to base his decision on assessment with consultations from government officials and concerned authorities.

Binag said he paid a courtesy call to Bacolod City Mayor Evelio Leonardia and Lone District Representative Greg Gasataya on Saturday.