Wednesday , June 20, 2018

DepEd supervisor, driver killed in road mishap

A SUPERVISOR of the Department of Education 11 (Deped 11) and a driver were killed while four others sustained injuries in the aftermath of a vehicular incident on Friday evening in Compostela Valley.

Compostela Valley (Comval) Police Provincial Director Police Senior Superintendent Marvin Manuel P. Pepino said the traffic collision transpired at around 6:45 p.m. on October 20 at Kilometer 70 National Highway, Barangay Tuboran in Mawab, Compostela Valley leaving two killed and four others wounded.

Based on initial investigation conducted, it revealed that the vehicle, a Mitsubishi, driven by MarialPamen, 40, a resident of Purok 2 Barangay Poblacion, New Bataan, Comval was travelling from Nabunturan heading to Tagum City, Davao del Norte while a forward truck, driven by Tito L. Paler, 61, married, Filipino, a resident of Millonare Village, San Francisco, Agusan Del Sur, was travelling from Tagum City to Nabunturan.

When the two vehicles met at the incident area, particularly at the curved portion of the highway, the truck lost its brake while traversing the downhill portion of the road. Paler tried to maneuver but his vehicle went the opposite lane and collided with the Mitsubishi.

Dead on the spot was Judy Ann Barolo, 36, a resident of Purok 9 Pindasan, Mabini, Compostela Valley, supervisor of Technical Livelihood Education (TLE) Deped. Pamen was declared dead on arrival at Davao Regional Hospital.

Others wounded are NoharaPinute, 47, married, a resident of Purok1-A, Barangay Bombong, Pantukan, Compostela Valley, Supervisor of EdukasyonSaPagpapakatao (ESP) Deped 11; and Josie Boloper, 50, a resident of Purok 1-B Poblacion, Mabini, Compostela Valley, Assistant District Supervisor of Deped 11.

The driver of the forward truck with his passenger one Ryan L. Paques, 18, single, a resident of Purok 4 Barangay San Isidro, San Francisco, Agusan Del Sur also sustained injuries and were brought to the same hospital.

As of yesterday, the wounded victims are still confined at DRH and are currently in stable condition while the dead bodies were brought to Tagum Cooperative Funicare Funeral Homes, Tagum City.