ALLOW me to congratulate Mayor Jaime R. Fresnedi, city and barangay officials and residents of Muntinlupa City (my city) which is marking its centennial on Tuesday, December 19.
Around this time last year, the Muntinlupa Centennial Commission, chaired by City Administrator Allan A. Cachuela, initiated a series of monthly celebrations - commemmorating the metamorphosis of Muntinlupa from a farming and fishing community to a highly urbanized city.
The celebrations featured the active participation of barangay, local government unit (LGU) and schools officials, national offices based in Muntinlupa, the business community and other community sectors.
Events in the days immediately leading to the centennial include the following: the launching of coffee table book "Muntinlupa - Isaang Daang Taon ng Lakas, Talino at Buhay", the"Grand Salubong" - featuring street dancing, band competitions and fireworks displays in the 9 barangays of Muntinlupa City, Selection of Centennial Baby, and finally, The Centennial Program, with Vice President Leni Robredo as Guest of Honor.
A post-centennial will feature the Metro Manila Film Festival Parade of Stars.
- Alabang residents participate in first impromptu parade to
honor the memory of Dr. Jose Rizal
December 19, 1917
- Governor General Francis Burton Harrison signed Executive Order
108, creating the Municipality of Muntinlupa. Vidal Joaquin became its first Mayor.
- Transferof New Bilibid Prison Reservation to Muntinlupa
- Establishment of Alabang Stock Farm
- Establishment of Alabang Serum and Vaccine Laboratory
- Hunters ROTC liberate political prisoners from Bilibid
- Feb 5, 1945 - Liberation of Muntinlupa
- July 1945 - Establishment of Muntinlupa High School
- Single-lane dirt road connects Alabang to Highway 54
- Factories start to mushroom on both sides of dirt road. Dirt road
eventuallyupgraded to South Expressway.
- Muntinlupa becomes a bedroom community with the establishmentof its earliest subdivisions
- Development of Madrigal estate by Ayala
- More businesses move to Muntinlupa
- Schools (De La Salle-Zobel, San Beda-Alabang, Woodrose, Southridge) move to Muntinlupa
- Establishment of the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine
- Development of Filinvest City
- Start of computerizationof LGU
- Start of sister city relationships, both local and international
- Establishment of Muntinlupa Polytechnic College, later upgraded to
Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Muntinlupa
- Muntinlupa achieves First Class, Highly Urbanized City status
- President Fidel V. Ramos signs into law Muntinlupa's Charter
- Sangguniang Panglungsod approves official city seal and Martsa ng Muntinlupa as official city hymn
- Asian Hospital established in Muntinlupa
- Ospital ng Muntinlupa opens
- Start of "intensified build, build, build" program of Mayor Jaime R. Fresnedi
- Muntinlupa recognized for outstanding achievements in various
fields of governance
- President Duterte, upon the recommendation of the Monetary Board
of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, approves the minting of limited
edition of MuntinlupaCentennial Coins
- FEU opening soon in Muntinlupa
Jaime R. Fresnedi (City Mayor), Rufino Rozanno Biazon (Congressman), Allan A. Cachuela (City Administrator)
The City Council:
Celso A. Dioko (Vice Mayor and Presiding Officer)
Councilors (District I):
Ivee A. Tadefa, Atty. Patricio L. Boncayao, Jr. (Majority Floor Leader), Bal Niefes, Stephanie G. Teves, Louisito A. Arciaga, Allan Camilon, Ringo A. Teves, Alexander B. Diaz.
Councilors (District II):
Christine Abas, Grace Gonzaga, Ma. Dhesiree G. Arevalo, Lucio Bago Constantino, Victor Ulanday, Marissa Rongavilla, Rafael T. Sevilla, Lester Baes.
ABC Chairman: Walter A. Arcilla.
Mamerto T. Sevilla, Jr. (Sucat), Ricardo R. Cole (Buli), Rainier B. Bulos (Cupang), Ahyie J. Gonzaga (Alabang), Ruben Baes (Ayala Alabang), Adorado P. San Pedro(Bayanan), Danilo R. Teves (Putatan), Allen F. Ampaya (Poblacion), Walter A. Arcilla (Tunasan).
Note: You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also like us on Facebook at "Speaking Out".