SECTIONS
Monday , May 28, 2018

More balikbayans expected in town for an ‘unparalleled experience’ during Sinulog

THE management of Mactan-Cebu International Airport and the Department of Tourism (DOT) are expecting more balikbayans to arrive in Cebu and join the Sinulog this year.

Avi Maningo, corporate affairs officer of GMR-Megawide Cebu Airport Corp. said they’re expecting around 800 balikbayans, from 500 last year, who will arrive in Cebu under the Balik Cebu program.

A package tour will be arranged to help them enjoy the different activities.

“We are expecting that starting Jan. 18, more balikbayans will start to arrive to join the Sinulog celebration this year,” Maningo said.

Newly-assumed Department of Tourism 7 Director Shalimar Hofer Tamano said they are also working with the Balik Cebu committee to make the Sinulog celebration not just tourist-friendly but balikbayan friendly as well.

For several years, the Balik Cebu Committee set up a booth in Ayala Center Cebu but a fire that hit Metro Department Store and forced the temporary closure of the mall has prompted the group to tweak this year’s program.

The Balik Cebu program aims to offer tourists and returnees “an unparalleled Cebu experience.” (RVC)


VIEW COMMENTS