OF THE 61 villages in Bacolod City, 22 villages still failed to participate in the Business One-Stop-Shop at the Bacolod Government Center.
Executive Assistant Samuel Montoyo, member of Anti-Red Tape Act Core team, said yesterday that as of Friday, only 39 villages have sent their representatives.
He said the non-cooperative villages are Barangays 2, 3, 4, 11, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 27, 29, 34, 35, 36, 39, Montevista and Villamonte.
“We already informed them, but they still failed to send their representatives here to issue barangay clearance to the business permit applicants. This is non-political because it is their obligations to participate in the city's activity like this,” he added.
On December 19, Leonardia issued Executive Order No. 37, instructing all villages to participate in the one-stop-shop, which started on January 3.
Montoyo said that those who failed to send their representatives still have time to do so since the one-stop-shop will end on January 20 yet.
He said after that, he will file charges against the non-cooperative barangays before the Office of the President and he will furnish a copy of the complaint to the Department of the Interior and Local Government.
He added that in March, the inspection team will be deployed to various areas and they will prioritize the non-cooperative barangays to determine the number of business establishments without permits.
Montoyo noted that in previous years, several business owners failed to pay their taxes, and based on City Treasurer's Office records, about 50 percent of business establishments has no business permit.
Mayor Evelio Leonardia had earlier said that he will also coordinate with the DILG to determine the possible sanctions to be imposed on the non-cooperative barangays.
“We are appealing to them to participate, and at the same time, we would like to check with the DILG what can be done to those who may not cooperate,” he said.