PAROKYA ni Edgar, Franco and 6CycleMind are just among the Filipino bands that are expected to rock this year's "Kalingawan sa Plaza", which is one of the highlights of this year's Sinulog Festival in Cebu City, from January 12 to 21.
"Kalingawan sa Plaza" is a nightly activity at Plaza Independencia where both locals and tourists can enjoy various entertainment shows. Several food stalls and some amusements for kids, such as inflatables and tartanilla rides, complete the fun atmosphere in the park.
Here is the full schedule of Kalingawan sa Plaza:
• January 12 -- Launching program of the Sinulog Festival Queen, Sinulog Idol, and Sinulog Dance Crew
• January 13 – Cultural Show by Department of Education Cebu Province
• January 14 – Cultural Show by Cebu Technological University (CTU) and Indiana Aerospace University
• January 15 – Cultural Show by University of the Visayas and University of Cebu
• January 16 – Cultural Show by Mandaue City College and Mandaue School for the Arts
• January 17 – Cultural Show by Salazar Institute of Technology and Cebu Doctors’ University
• January 17 – Cultural Show by Department of Education Cebu City
• January 17 – Music and Comedy Night by Flexi Finance
• January 18 – Cultural show by University of San Carlos
• January 18 – Variety show by 24/7
• January 18 – Sky Night by Skycable
• January 19 – Cultural Show by University of Southern Philippines Foundation, University of San Jose-Recoletos, and Cebu Institute of Technology University
• January 19 – 6CycleMind and Banda ni Kleggy c/o San Miguel Corp.
• January 20 – Sinulog Idol 2018 Grand Finals
• January 20 – Coke Studio Artists with Coca-Cola Philippines
• January 21 – IPI Night
• January 21 – Parokya ni Edgar with Globe Telecom
Earlier, the City Council passed a resolution banning street parties within the 300-meter radius of the grand parade.
City Councilor Dave Tumulak said that Plaza Independencia is outside the 300-meter radius of the parade. (Vincent Clark Ermac and Reva Alixz Hermosa, USC AB Communications Interns/Sunstar Philippines)