Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity, according to World Health Organization (WHO).
Indeed, health is wealth. Every now and then, it is important to remind ourselves that we need to take good care of ourselves. There is a reason to stay healthy. Being healthy can decrease developing medical conditions.
As the WHO defines health, remaining healthy means a holistic well-being.
Caring for our minds is as important and crucial as caring for our bodies. One cannot be healthy without the other.
For this 2018, let us love ourselves more by considering these tips:
• Visit your primary physician, eye doctor and dentist for regular check-ups
• Have a complete physical examination (blood count, x-ray, flu shot, and others recommended by your doctor depending on your gender and lifestyle)
• Be faithful in taking your medicines and also drink vitamins
• Protect your skin especially from the sun
• Exercise regularly
• Eat healthy
• Drink more water and fewer sugary drinks
• Get enough sleep
• Practice safe sex
• Don’t smoke, limit alcohol intake and avoid drugs
• Wash your hands – viruses are spread through contact
• Practice self-care (no need to feel guilty)
• Love yourself more and others too
• Be friendly and be kind
• Listen to others
• Talk and share your feelings
• Say “I love you,” “Thank you,” “Please” more often
• Have fun – relax and rest
• Take time to visit an orphanage, a seniors’ center, a home for the sick and the prison
• Call a friend
• Learn something a new
• Balance your time between work and play
• Count your blessings and be gratefrul
• Ask help when needed
• Pray always
There are also things beyond our control. Sometimes we get sick. It’s natural. See your doctor right away and follow his or her instructions.