MassKara Queen pre-pageant at the Palisades-A A +A
Friday, September 14, 2012
THE final 10 beauties of the MassKara Queen pageant continued to vie for the crown at the press presentation and pre-pageant swimwear event at the Palisades Subdivision Thursday.
This year’s MassKara festival has the theme “Life’s Good in Bacolod” and the Bacoleña beauties of the pageant definitely exemplify what is good in the city.
The 10 finalists’ composure and wit were tested as they fielded questions from members of the media during the press presentation. The questions raised ranged from interesting to controversial as the ladies did their best to answer with grace under pressure.
The dinner break gave the ladies a reprieve from the questions. After the dinner, sponsor St. Raphael Development Corporation (SRDC) gave a presentation on their upcoming projects just before the much awaited pre-pageant swimwear portion.
The pre-pageant swimwear is 40 percent of the total score in the swimwear category with the remaining 60 percent to be decided during the pageant. The judges for the night were Colonel John Aying, Aileen Maravilla Kramer, and Irene Caram-Gonzaga.
The ladies sported swimwear and tops from Fetish while their casual wear was from Spirit.
The MassKara Queen pageant, now in its sixth year, is officially produced by ABS-CBN, in partnership with the Silver Masskara Festival Organization, Incorporated. (Jamie F. Bentinganan)
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on September 14, 2012.