Chicken Kushikatsu-A A +A
By Chef Nilo
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
AT PAHANOCOY Eco Adventure Park in Bacolod where I am resident chef, I see to it that our dishes not only satisfy the taste buds of our adult clients but our younger guests as well.
My Chicken Kushikatsu recipe appeals to the various age groups of our clientele. Crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside, this dish will surely be nostalgic yet new.
500 g chicken breast 1 egg
1 or 2 medium-sized onions 4 bamboo skewers
10 g cornstarch Tonkatsu Sause*
30 g all purpose flour
1. Clean and dice chicken breast.
2. Cut onion into bite size pieces.
3. Add salt and pepper to chicken and rub lightly.
4. Thread the chicken and onion alternately onto bamboo skewers.
5. In a bowl, combine egg, cornstarch, flour and water until smooth. Set aside. Place breadcrumbs on a shallow container.
6. Roll the chicken skewers in the egg mixture then roll in the breadcrumbs. Lightly press the breadcrumbs to the chicken to keep them in place.
7. Heat the oil to 180C or 350F over medium heat. Fry the chicken until light brown. Bring to high heat in the last 1 minute to make the chicken crispy.
Serve with Tonkatsu sauce.
Serves four persons.
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on May 20, 2014.