Police chief orders probe into rape case-A A +A
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
BACOLOD City Police Office (BCPO) Director Ricardo De la Paz ordered the City Women and Children's Complaints Desk (WCCD) on Monday to conduct a thorough probe into alleged rape of a six-year-old girl in Bacolod.
De la Paz said that last week, a six-year-old victim, whose name is being withheld, was accompanied by her mother to the WCCD.
The victim's mother reported that her daughter was raped by a trisikad driver who used to fetch and bring her to school.
De la Paz said the victim's mother also said that she only learned that her daughter was being molested when she noticed pus on the victim's underwear last week.
The victim also claimed that the trisikad driver, whose name is being withheld, molested her several times by inserting his finger in her sex organ.
De la Paz said that medical examination results showed that the victim was sexually abused.
He assured that the WCCD will exert all efforts to arrest the suspect who is still at large.
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on July 19, 2011.