Firm disqualified from garbage collection bidding-A A +A
Monday, July 16, 2012
DYNAMIC Builders, which bid for the garbage collection of the City Government, was disqualified, said Bids and Awards committee (BAC) chairman Goldwyn Nifras.
He said they disqualified the Dynamic Builders during the post qualification stage they conducted last week because they discovered that its business permit does not include hauling.
Nifras said they referred the matter to the Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB) and inquired about a prospective bidder whose business permit does not include the nature of the subject of the bidding.
GPPB said the business permit of the prospective bidder at the time of bidding should be similar to the project, which is the subject of the bidding. Because its business permit is not similar, BAC decided Friday to post disqualify Dynamic Builders.
BAC will serve notice to Dynamic and likewise notify the other bidder, Metrowaste Solidwaste, and arrange for the conduct of a post-qualification stage.
“Under the rules, Dynamic Builders can file a motion for reconsideration within three days from receipt of the notice. Then we will study the reasons they will indicate in their motion for reconsideration and resolve the matter. But the post qualification will proceed,” Nifras said.
He said BAC personnel will have to visit the office of Metrowaste to validate the bid documents they have submitted during the bidding. These photocopied documents will be validated against the original documents. They will also check on the company’s equipment.
Since Metrowaste said it is the one collecting the garbage of Makati and Caloocan, they will also check their track record with these local governments, said Nifras.
Under the rules, they need to conclude the post-qualification stage within seven days from receipt of the notice by the concerned bidder.
The privatization of garbage collection was supposed to start last May.
“The budget for this year is P72 million, based on estimates and the experience of the Department of Public Services. We know that based on this experience, we will learn some more and we need to make some adjustments next year,” Nifras said.
He said the contract period will be from the date of signing up to December but the payment for garbage collection will be by volume per cubic meter.
Nifras said they hope the privatization of garbage collection will start this month or in August. After December, they will have to conduct another bidding to cover the whole year. (Carla N. Canet)
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on July 16, 2012.