3 cops face dismissal from PNP service-A A +A
Saturday, October 20, 2012
THREE cops in Negros Occidental who were involved in criminal and administrative charges are now facing dismissal from the service proceedings of the Philippine National Police (PNP).
Police Regional Office Director Agrimero Cruz Jr. Friday said PO2 Rex Capapas and PO1 Melchor Salcedo, both members of the 3rd Maneuver Company of 6th RPSB stationed in Brgy. E. Lopez, Silay City, who were involved in illegal activities in Bacolod City and in Negros Occidental will be subjected for dismissal from the service proceedings.
The two cops were linked to illegal drugs after the arrest of Rodrigo de la Cruz in a buy-bust operation by operatives of Silay City PNP.
De la Cruz claimed Capapas and Salcedo provided him with shabu to sell.
Meanwhile, PO1 Roldan Villa, of Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) detailed in Station 4 and assigned in New Government Center Compac, was also arrested last week for violation of MassKara gun ban.
“If there’s evidence against them, we will dismiss them from the service of the PNP,” Agrimero said.
He said despite of the fact that Capapas and Salcedo were tested negative for prohibited drugs, it doesn’t mean that they are already free from the dismissal proceedings.
Villa was also arrested after he engaged in commotion in Bacolod Public Plaza last week, and an unlicensed firearm was recovered from his possession.
“They will be considered as ordinary criminals and those who violated the law should also be put in jail,” Cruz said.
He said they will conduct further investigation on the case of the three cops to serve as example to the other police officers. (Merlinda A. Pedrosa)
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on October 20, 2012.