BAC inspects landfill projects of Metrowaste-A A +A
Sunday, February 10, 2013
THE Bids and Awards Committee of the Bacolod City Government has inspected the landfill projects of Metrowaste Solidwaste Management Corporation in Antipolo, Caloocan and Makati City last week and will come up with its final assessment.
Metrowaste bid for the right to handle the hauling of garbage in Bacolod City.
Bacolod Permits and Licensing Division head Vicente Petierre III said that Metrowaste offered the lowest calculated bid during the new bidding conducted by the BAC Monday last week, for the privatization garbage collection in Bacolod.
Its bid offer was P71,879.461.71 out of the Approved Budget for the Contract of P72 million.
Petierre, also a member of the BAC, said its documents are in order and the Technical Working Group will be checking the photocopy with its original documents.
They will come up with their final assessment this week if Metrowaste qualifies, he said.
Three bidders had purchased bid documents during the bidding last week but R and F Construction formally withdrew and only Metrowaste and the Dominus Construction participated.
Of the two bidders, Metrowaste came out with the lowest calculated bid while Dominus Corporation was disqualified because it did not pass the eligibility test for failure to meet the requirements.
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on February 11, 2013.