Lawyer files inclusion before RTC-A A +A
Monday, March 18, 2013
LAWYER Jose Max Ortiz confirmed that he already filed before the Regional Trial Court (RTC) his appeal for inclusion as registered voter of Don Salvador Benedicto after the Municipal Trial Court in Cities (MTCC) dismissed his petition.
Despite the denial by the MTCC of his petition for inclusion as a voter of Don Salvador Benedicto, Ortiz said he is still a candidate for mayor of the town challenging the incumbent Mayor Marxlene dela Cruz.
Ortiz said he filed his appeal before the RTC Friday last week and that he expects a favorable action, as he asserted the decision of the Court of Appeals on the same case of residency of actor Aga Muhlach and his wife Charlene Gonzalez.
In the case of Mulach and Gonzalez, Ortiz said the lower courts also denied their petitions for inclusion but the decisions were reversed by the Court of Appeals.
Ortiz said that despite the absence of a title for his house in Barangay Kumalikis, Don Salvador Benedicto, he has pictures as proof. He said that the barangay where his house is located belongs to a forestal land; thus, the residents could not be issued land title.
Ortiz said his house was intentionally burnt in Barangay Kumaliskis and that his petition of his intention to transfer voting precinct was done several months before the May 13 elections.
He said the denial by the court of his petition for inclusion is being used by his opponent as propaganda against him that he is already disqualified to run.
"I was amused by the lower court's decision but I am hoping to win this battle soon," Ortiz said.
He said he is running as an independent candidate and adopted candidate of the Nationalist People's Coalition. (TDE)
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on March 18, 2013.