‘Sparks from welding rod’ cause of warehouse fire

-A A +A

Friday, February 28, 2014


AN OFFICIAL of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) in Bacolod City said Thursday that there is an indication that sparks coming from a welding rod caused the fire in Barangay Tangub on Wednesday.

On Wednesday, BFP director Chief Inspector Bartoleme Beliran said the fire started at the ongoing construction near the RCO Merchandising warehouse owned by Teresita Co.

He said that while the workers were using the welding machine, sparks from the welding rod may have hit the plastic wares or textiles inside the warehouse.

Advertisement

Beliran said they had difficulty in stopping the fire, because of the flammable materials inside the warehouse.

On Thursday morning, BFP personnel returned to the area, because smoke was still coming out of the warehouse and its trusses collapsed, he said.

The fire destroyed P2-million worth of plastic wares, woods, and textiles inside the warehouse. The fire was put out almost 12 hours later around 11 p.m. Wednesday.

Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on February 28, 2014.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Today's front page

Sun.Star Bacolod's front page for October 31, 2014

Other front pages

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Technology
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • Filipino Abroad
  • Festivals
  • Sinulog
  • Philippine Polls
  • ePaper
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Habemus Papam
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Calamity Report
  • Pacman blog
  • Pnoy
  • Obituary
  • goodearth