2 bus firms slapped 30-day suspension-A A +A
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
THE Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) issued a 30-day preventive suspension order effective March 10 against the operations of the Ceres Liner bus and the mini-bus involved in the road accident in Hinigaran town last week.
The collision between the two buses killed five persons, including a pregnant woman, and injured 33 others.
The imposition of the suspension order was agreed Friday, LTFRB Regional Director Romulo Bernardes said, adding that they cannot determine yet who’s at fault for the accident since their investigation is still ongoing.
Bernardes said they are also checking the road worthiness of other buses owned by Vallacar Transit Inc., operator of Ceres Line buses.
Chief Inspector Lino Dalisay, chief of Hinigaran Municipal Station, said they are waiting for the medical and death certificates of the victims for the filing of charges against driver who will be found to be at fault for the accident.
The Ceres Liner bus was believed to be out of route because it traveled to Cebu when its franchise is for Canlaon-Bacolod.
The bus company supposedly obtained a special permit to allow some of its buses to ply the Cebu-Bacolod route; however, the Hinigaran police said what they received was a copy of franchise verification for Bacolod-Canlaon, not the special permit.
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on March 11, 2014.