Fire bureau: Short circuit cause of gym fire

-A A +A

Wednesday, April 9, 2014


ELECTRICAL short circuit caused the fire at the college gymnasium of Colegio San Agustin at B.S. Aquino Drive, Bacolod City on Monday afternoon, the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) said.

City fire marshal Bartolome Beliran said the investigation conducted by Fire Officer 3 Cornelio Silva showed that the fire has started at the north western portion of the gymnasium, where varsity players were staying.

He said the damage reached to P1.5-million worth of properties.

Advertisement

The BFP received a call around 5:45 p.m informing them that the CSA-Bacolod gymnasium was on fire.

Beliran said the blaze was put out around 6:33 p.m. The fire had reached second alarm status, he added.

No one was reported injured, he said.

The BFP chief reminded the public to always check their electrical connections, and if an appliance is smoking or has unusual smell, they should unplug and repair it immediately. (MAP)

Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on April 09, 2014.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Today's front page

Sun.Star Bacolod's front page for October 31, 2014

Other front pages

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Obituary
  • Sinulog
  • Pacman blog
  • Technology
  • Habemus Papam
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • Filipino Abroad
  • goodearth
  • ePaper
  • Festivals
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Philippine Polls
  • Pnoy
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Calamity Report