OFW, 2 kids in Bacolod quarantined for Mers-CoV-A A +A
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
DR. JULIUS Drilon, chief of hospital of Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital (CLMMRH) in Bacolod City, confirmed on Tuesday that three persons, including an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) and his two children, are now under quarantine for monitoring and testing of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome-Corona Virus (Mers- CoV).
Drilon said the OFW was also a co-passenger of a Filipino nurse who was tested positive for Mers-CoV in Saudi Arabia.
His two children are aged one and two.
The OFW opted to bring his children with him in the hospital because he had direct contact with them after he arrived in Negros Occidental.
Throat swabs were taken and they will be released from the hospital once their test have negative results.
Last month, six Negrense OFWs were also quarantined at the CLMMRH and Cadiz City District Hospital as they were also co-passengers of the Filipino nurse initially found positive for Mers-CoV who boarded an Etihad Airlines flight from United Arab Emirates. The nurse was later found negative. All six Negrenses were also tested negative.
Drilon said the Department of Health continues to closely monitor possible Mers-CoV cases and would like to preempt any possible case in the country. (Teresa D. Ellera)
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on May 06, 2014.