MassKara security plan ‘90% ready’ | SunStar

MassKara security plan ‘90% ready’

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

MassKara security plan ‘90% ready’

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Preparations continue for the 2017 MassKara Festival which opens on October 1. Banners announcing the 22-day festivity are mounted in downtown Bacolod. (Merlinda A. Pedrosa)

THE Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) is “90 percent ready” in the security preparations for the 2017 MassKara Festival slated October 1 to 22.

Senior Superintendent Jack Wanky, acting director of BCPO, met with all 10 police chiefs, personnel of Negros Occidental Provincial Police Office (Nocppo), and Police Regional Office (PRO)-Western Visayas in a conference held at the BCPO headquarters Tuesday, September 19.

Wanky said over ABS-CBN Bacolod they presented their security plan to the team which will assess and review the safety measures.

He said the “red team” will supervise them if there is a need to correct their security plan.

Gun ban and cellular phone signal jamming during the highlights of the MassKara Festival are part of the security measures.

Wanky said they will request to temporarily shut down mobile phone services during daytime only during the celebration to prevent big threats like signal detonated bombs.

The BCPO will deploy at least 650 policemen for the festivity.

About 350 augmentation forces from Regional Public Safety Battalion, Nocppo, and PRO-Western Visayas will also be deployed as well as force multipliers in various festival sites.

Published in the SunStar Bacolod newspaper on September 20, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Bacolod also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments