BTAO told to present MassKara traffic plan | SunStar

BTAO told to present MassKara traffic plan

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

BTAO told to present MassKara traffic plan

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

BACOLOD City Councilor Dindo Ramos urged the Bacolod Traffic Authority Office (BTAO) to come up with a traffic plan for the 2017 MassKara Festival slated October 1 to 22.

Ramos, chairperson of committee on traffic, said Tuesday, September 26, Superintendent Luisito Acebuche, head of BTAO, should present the traffic plan in next week’s regular session.

“Traffic rerouting should be announced early, and all enforcers should be visible in streets to ensure the smooth flow of traffic especially at the downtown area,” he said.

Ramos said he will also hold a meeting with Acebuche anytime this week to discuss the erring traffic enforcers who failed to perform especially during rainy days.

The councilor said he was informed that some traffic enforcers have not been doing their job and failed to report to their respective assignments.

“The presence of traffic enforcers in streets is a big help to ease the traffic congestion in various areas,” he said.

Councilor Caesar Distrito said the City Council is waiting for the request of Mayor Evelio Leonardia and the Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) for the implementation of total gun ban for the MassKara Festival.

Distrito said they are in favor of the gun ban, and have always passed a resolution for its implementation as one of the measures to make the MassKara Festival peaceful.

Leonardia had earlier asked the BCPO to process the application for the gun ban to get an endorsement from the City Council and for the approval of the Philippine National Police national headquarters.

Published in the SunStar Bacolod newspaper on September 27, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Bacolod also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments