A TOTAL of 150 personnel from the Police Regional Office (PRO)-Western Visayas will augment Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) force during the 13th BacoLaodiat Festival from February 15 to 18.
Senior Inspector Armilyn Vargas, public information officer of BCPO, said Monday, February 12, that the augmentation forces will arrive Tuesday, February 13.
He said the augmentation forces will supplement the 228 BCPO personnel that will be deployed in streets, particularly at the two festival sites -- Bacolod City Government Center and Lacson Tourism Strip.
Aside from the 378 policemen, 100 force multipliers will also be dispatched in these areas.
Vargas assured that the security plan for the four-day festivity is already in place.
Meanwhile, the Bacolod Traffic Authority Office (BTAO) will deploy 23 traffic enforcers.
A temporary road closure and rerouting will also be implemented for the festivity. Below are the schedule:
* February 17, the South Capitol Road (between Lacson and Gatuslao Streets) will be closed from 12:01 a.m. to 12 a.m.
* February 15 to 17, 4th to 13th Lacson Streets will be closed from 12:01 to 6 a.m.
* February 12 to 17, North Capitol Road between (Lacson and Aguinaldo Streets) will be closed from 12:01 a.m. to 12 a.m.
* February 15, portions of Gatuslao, Rizal, and Lacson Streets will be closed for the BacoLaodiat Grand Parade from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
* February 18, South and North Capitol roads and Lacson Tourism Strip (4th to 13th Street) will be closed for the egress.
Vargas said Senior Superintendent Francisco Ebreo, officer-in-charge of BCPO, advised the traffic enforcers to implement the road closure and rerouting four hours before the activity starts.
Published in the SunStar Bacolod newspaper on February 13, 2018.
Latest issues of SunStar Bacolod also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.