Police ban firearms during BacoLaodiat Festival | SunStar

Police ban firearms during BacoLaodiat Festival

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Police ban firearms during BacoLaodiat Festival

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

THE Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) suspended all permits to carry firearms outside of residence for the 13th BacoLaodiat Festival this week.

Senior Inspector Armilyn Vargas, public information officer of BCPO, said the suspension will last for five days from February 15 to 19.

Vargas said only members of the Philippine National Police (PNP), Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), and other law enforcers who are performing official duties and in agency-prescribed uniforms will be allowed to carry firearms.

“This is part of the security preparations to ensure that the festivity would be free from firearm-related incidents and to ensure safety of the people as well as local and foreign tourists,” she added.

Any person who commits an offense will be held liable.

Policemen will be deployed in streets for intensified security measures.

A total of 150 augmentation personnel from Police Regional Office (PRO)-Western Visayas will arrive in the city to supplement the 228 city police personnel deployed for the four-day festivity.

Published in the SunStar Bacolod newspaper on February 14, 2018.

Latest issues of SunStar Bacolod also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.

View Comments