Deadline of NOPSSCEA eligibility documents set Aug. 24-A A +A
Monday, August 19, 2013
WITH less than a month left before the opening of this year’s Negros Occidental Private Schools Sports, Cultural, and Educational Association (NOPSSCEA) Season 33 on September 13, an official said the deadline of submission of eligibility documents will be on August 24 as the screening will begin on August 26.
Jose Dante Albao of the Committee on Sports during the sports moderators’ meeting Friday held at WNU Board Room said the cut-off will be at 8:30 p.m. of August 24.
Meanwhile, the NOPSSCEA eligibility and cut-off dates for School Year 2013-2014 are as follows:
* Collegiate -- must have graduated high school in the Academic Year 2006-2007;
* High School -- must not be 18 years old on or before January 1 of the current school year or must be born January 2, 1996;
* Aspirants -- must not be 15 years old on or before June 15 of the current school year or must be born June 15, 1998;
* Elementary -- must not be 13 years old on or before January 1 of the current school year or must be born January 2, 2001;
* 10 and Under -- must not be 11 years old on or before January 1 of the current school year or must be born January 2, 2003.
A one year residency is required for transferees from NOPSSCEA non-member schools or public schools or varsity athletes from other NOPSSCEA member schools.
On the other hand, no residency is required from non-varsity athletes from other NOPSSCEA member schools or varsity athletes who competed in team events and will play for individual or dual sports.
For the collegiate, athletes are required to enroll a minimum of 15 units for the first semester, 12 in the second semester, and if took a summer class, it must be 9 units minimum.
Lists of tournament managers were also presented to sports moderators during the meeting last Friday. Those mentioned tournament officials include: Yoly Vingno (athletics), Jayan Vascar (badminton), Albao (basketball), Efren Timtiman (beach volleyball), Kim Dumdum (chess), Dennis Estaniel (football), Bro. Mario Dacanay (karatedo), Edwin Sumong (sepak takraw), Tessie Onque (swimming), Michael Yanos (table Tennis), and Harny Tabuada (taekwondo), among the few.
For the opening ceremony, a motorcade from Capitol Laggon en route University of St. La Salle Coliseum will commence the ceremony.
However, no names of guests have been revealed. (HGD)
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on August 19, 2013.