Fun run/walk winners named-A A +A
Thursday, August 22, 2013
FOR the second straight year the Hua Ming Fun Run/Walk dubbed as Run Ko Pag-asa Mo drew at least 1,300 participants held last August 18 at the North Point, Talisay City, Negros Occidental.
Joel Alcorin crossed the finish line at 39:34 to win the 10-kilometer (10K) Male Category, followed by Dino Pison with a time of 41:59 and Justin Jay Picao settled for 3rd place clocking in at 43:06.
Mareeis Ramirez ruled the 10K Female Category completing the course in 45 minutes, Stephanie Cadusali finished at 45:33 and Gella Mayang checked in at 50:33 finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively.
Kolasa Batch 77 whose members are Trish Golez, Salou Keuls and Elsie Gonzaga won the 4K Batch Group Walk Category with a time of 36:00:19, the team of Rose Lacson, Angelie Yulo and Febe Malata of Kolasa Batch 82 placed 2nd finishing at 38:00:44 and St. John's Institute (SJI) Batch 86 represented by Omay Demonteverde, Aljo Arceo, Erwin Villanueva, and Eric Ybiernas ended up in 3rd place at 39:00:02. The other winners are as follows:
* 5K Male: 1st - Arnel Tolentino (17:40); 2nd - Johnny Mayongue (18:34); and 3rd - Neil Villareal (21:29).
* 5K Female: 1st - Camille Tad-y (27:32); 2nd - Sean Adenix (29:35); and 3rd - Rhea Erika Carmona (29:52).
* 3K Male: 1st - Johnny Mayongue (10:41); 2nd - Anjie Javano (11:00); and 3rd - Rowygin Adranela (12:00).
* 3K Female: 1st - Ana Sophia Tison (18:06); 2nd - Bianca de Paula (21:16); and 3rd - Janet Tulmo (23:32).
* 1K Mixed: 1st - Felix Trespicios (4:00); 2nd - Wednesday Rongo (8:24); and 3rd - Elisa Rongo (9:24).
* 500 meters Kids’ Dash: 1st - Vine Hope Reyes (12:15); 2nd - Jero Dumdum (12:26); and 3rd - Austin Braganza (12:33).
* 4K Individual Walk: 1st - Nestle Niuda (25:02); 2nd - Rannie Ramos (25:02:48); and 3rd - Dan Ramirez (25:02:50).
The top three winners of the different categories received medals, pillows, golf umbrellas. Cash prizes were also awarded to the top three male and female winners in the 3K, 5K and 10K as well as the top three Batch walk and individual walkers. Gift certificates from Kuppa, Imbiss Sausage and Steak Restobar, Masskara Chicken and Pancake House were also given to the winners.
The Fun Run/Walk project was organized by the SJI Alumni Association with the proceeds of the event going to the SJI Alumni Association Scholarship program. The program aims to give tuition subsidies to economically-challenged but academically responsible students to enable them to continue with their education in SJI.
The project was made possible through their event partners North Point, Ayala North Point, Verdana Homes Asyana, Avida Village North Point, Amaia Scapes North Point, The District - North Point, Sharp, San Miguel Foods Inc., Chris Sports, Run Club, Solane LPG, The Ony Dewfoam Corporation, Summit Mineral Water, Yakult, Condura Refs and Freezers, PD888 Distributors, Neutral Care and Nutritalk, IMART Bacolod, Globe Telecom, Syngenta, Pacific Textiles and Eclipse Gym Health, and Body Design Centre. (Stephen Tan - Contributor)
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on August 22, 2013.