‘Pacquiao to win by decision’-A A +A
Saturday, April 12, 2014
BOXING aficionados in Bacolod City see Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao (53-5-2, 38 knockouts) winning his rematch against undefeated American world champion Timothy Bradley (31-0, 12 KOs) tomorrow by unanimous decision in the 12-round WBO world welterweight championship at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
JR Promotions and Top Prime Stable manager Rev. Henry Guanzon, who forecasts the outcome, believes Pacquiao will win by unanimous decision.
"(Timothy) Bradley will not engage in a power-to-power clash. He will do a ‘hit and run’ tactic instead,” the veteran boxing promoter said.
Bacolod City Mayor Monico Puentevella, who had been covering Pacquiao’s fight for a radio station, told said in a recent press conference that Pacquiao will take Bradley – also by decision.
Puentevella said though that Pacquiao can still deliver knockout if he comes out with his “killer instinct.” Bradley has been saying that the Sarangani lawmaker has lost his killer instinct and has become compassionate.
A free live viewing of Pacquiao’s fight will be held at the People’s House, the mayor announced.
In Wednesday’s pre-fight press conference, Pacquiao said, “I have something to prove this Saturday [Sunday in Manila] that my journey in boxing will continue. (This fight is) very important because I want to win back the belt and become champion again. I feel like that when I started boxing and I get a chance to fight a championship. I’m so motivated for this fight.”
“I will keep fighting because boxing is my passion and it’s an honor to give honor to my country. It’s not about material things, it’s about the honor that I’m bringing to the country,” said Pacquiao.
For Bradley, the American champion thanked Pacquiao for this rematch in order for him to prove to those who are still in doubt of him being a champion. For the undefeated titlist, the rematch offers him an opportunity to end all speculations on his capability as a champion.
Many still believe Pacquiao won their last bout as boxing experts reviewed the tapes. (HGD)
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on April 12, 2014.