Schrock negotiates return to Ceres FC | SunStar

Schrock negotiates return to Ceres FC

Time to read
1 minute
Read so far

Schrock negotiates return to Ceres FC

Friday, April 21, 2017

AFTER dissolution of Filipino-German Stephan Schrock’s contract with SpVgg Greuther Fürth last April 15, Ceres Negros Football Club is now negotiating his possible return to the club.

Ceres FC team manager James Dinsay confirmed efforts to possibly reacquire the 30-year-old midfielder who last played for the club during the 2016 AFC Cup.

“We are hoping to have him back, but it all depends on the turnout of the negotiations as he also has some offers in Europe and Asia,” Dinsay said.

Schrock, who signed with Ceres FC last year on-loan alongside Kevin Ingreso, played a vital role in the club’s successful AFC Cup campaign where they reached the Round of 16 only to suffer a heartbreaking 0-1 loss to South China AA in extra time.

Moreover, the Azkals star also helped Ceres Football Club in the 2016 United Football Club season and the RHB Singapore Cup, where they placed third, the highest finish achieved by a Filipino club.

SpVgg Greuther Fürth, director of professional football Ramazan Yildirim said that Schröck and the club have agreed on the contract resolution.

“Stephan has a special place here in Furth, that was and is conscious of us,” Yildirim said. SpVgg Greuther Furth also wished Schrock all the best for his future.

For his part, Schrock said he was very grateful for the time he had at the game.

“I would like to wish the club and all fans a heartfelt success and will continue to keep the cloverleaf in the future as well,” he said.

“On paper, I am no longer one, but I will always be a friend in my heart. Thanks for 14 great years,” he said on his FB account.

Published in the SunStar Bacolod newspaper on April 21, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Bacolod also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments