Sabillo won’t take Heno lightly | SunStar

Sabillo won’t take Heno lightly

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Sabillo won’t take Heno lightly

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

TOBOSO native and reigning Asian Boxing Federation lightweight champion Merlito “Tiger” Sabillo (27-4-1 win-loss-draw, 13 KOs) is on tough training for the Oriental and Pacific Boxing Federation (OPBF) light flyweight title fight on February 17 against defending champion Edward Heno (11-0-5, 5KOs).

Sabillo said that he won’t take Heno lightly.

“I take my training seriously. I won’t rely on the homecourt advantage because my opponent [Heno] is undefeated. I will do my very best to deliver a good fight,” said the former WBO world minimumweight champion.

This is the first OPBF fight of Sabillo after his unanimous decision loss to Ryuya Yamanaka two years ago in Japan.

This event presented by Highland International Boxing Promotions is supported by the Singwancha Foundation and sanctioned by the Games and Amusement Board. (HGD)

Published in the SunStar Bacolod newspaper on January 16, 2018.

Latest issues of SunStar Bacolod also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.

View Comments