Espiritu: Announcements from SLU-A A +A
Saturday, May 22, 2010
SAINT Louis University announces that the remaining special College Entrance Examinations (CEE) are scheduled on May 22, 29 and June 5, 2010 for all courses subject to the availability of slots for the following examinees:
* Graduates of high school class 2010 who missed to take the regular SLU-CEE administered from October 2009 to January 2010
* Holders of SLU-CEE Permits for School Year 2010-2011 who missed to take the test during their schedule. The said Permit is still valid until June 5.
However, the examinee should report first to the Student Affairs Office prior to taking the Special SLU-CEE
* High school graduates of the past few years who have not taken the SLU-CEE provided that they have not enrolled in other schools
Application Forms may be obtained from the Guidance Office of the respective high school, or downloaded from www.slu.edu.ph. The processing of application for the Special SLU-CEE has been going on since April 20.
For the lady students of the SLU-School of Accountancy and Business Management (formerly called College of Accountancy and Commerce), there are still available slots at the Ladies Dormitory of the Maryheights Students' Residence Halls, Mary Heights campus in Bakakeng, Baguio City. However, reservation is on a first come-first served basis. Reserve now and take advantage of the following:
* The dorm is on-campus which takes only a two to three-minute walk to the Devesse Building
* Opening promo rate for board and lodging fees (also for the Men's Dormitory)
* Wi-Fi Internet access
* Safety and security
* Adequate water supply (hot and cold bath)
* No extra charges for electric consumption for using laptops, electric flat iron, cellular phone charging, and hot water for beverages
* Activities and programs geared towards academic excellence
Dormitory services will start on June 6 (Sunday), the check-in day. For reservations, contact: Blesilda Braganza, Ladies' Residence Halls office secretary, Cardijn Hall; email: email@example.com; tel. nos. (074) 442-9154 or 442-3043 local 271.
Benefit the most from SLU who continues to enjoy:
* Special recognitions from the Commission on Higher Education
a. Full Autonomy status (the highest CHED recognition) for 2007-2012. SLU is among the very few Higher Education Institutions selected nationwide "in recognition of the accomplishments, adherence to quality assurance and commitment to public responsibility and accountability as a higher education provider."
b. Center of Excellence for Teacher Education
c. Center of Development for Chemical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Information Technology Education, and Nursing Education
d. 2008 Best in Student Welfare and Services Award
* Accreditation by the Philippine Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU)
SLU indeed takes special pleasure to welcome you to be among its privileged students beaming with great hope for a well-rounded and excellent education characterized and inspired by her vision-mission.
For your inquiries or clarifications, you may contact: Gil S. Espiritu, dean of Student Affairs, 2/F Diego Silang building, A. Bonifacio Street, Baguio City, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. nos. (074)444-8246 (to 48 and 53), 443-2001 local 321; fax (074)444-4288. (Gil S. Espiritu/ Light That Transforms)