Palace upholds PMA ruling against Cudia

-A A +A

Sunday, July 6, 2014


FORT DEL PILAR – The case of former Philippine Military Cadet Aldrin Jeff Cudia has been put to rest, at least for the Armed Forces of the Philippines.

The PMA as well as the AFP has welcomed the decision of Malacañang upholding the previous ruling on Cudia, dismissing him from the academy.

Lt. Col. Ramon Zagala, AFP public affairs chief said, “the decision of the AFP and the PMA review board has been sustained.”

Advertisement

Despite the academic excellence of Cudia, the academy put the Honor code as its highest gauge of character based on three basic offenses: lying, cheating, stealing and tolerating anyone who violates any of these.

The PMA Honor Board deliberated the fate of the cadet and finally decided to let him go.

“We believe that there was due process given [to] Cudia,” Zagala said.

During the PMA graduation, President Benigno Aquino III cited the honor code of the academy during his address for Siklabdiwa (Sundalong Ikararangal ng Lahing Bayani sa diwang Wagas) Class 2014, saying the code should be the basis of the life of every graduating cadet who will serve the government.

Last week, in a letter addressed to Cudia’s parents, Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr. said there was no substantial basis to overturn the findings of the military and the PMA Cadet Review Appeals Board.

“We hope to get closure on this issue,” Zagala added.

Cudia has filed cases to the Commission on Human Rights as well as the Supreme Court but Zalagala said the FAP cannot comment on the other cases.

The CHR in its formal ruling found Cudia not guilty of the offenses charged to him by the Academy and recommended he be issued a diploma.

A diploma from the academy will certify Cudia finished a Bachelor of Science degree from the Academy.

With the decision from Malacañang, the PMA will not issue a diploma to Cudia.

PMA officer in charge for Public Affairs Major Reynaldo Balido Jr. said the PMA has prepared no statement on the recent decision but yields to the AFP to answer questions on the former cadet.

Published in the Sun.Star Baguio newspaper on July 07, 2014.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Today's front page

Sun.Star Baguio's front page for November 29, 2014

Other front pages

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Filipino Abroad
  • Festivals
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Sinulog
  • Pacman blog
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • goodearth
  • ePaper
  • Obituary
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Calamity Report
  • Habemus Papam
  • Philippine Polls
  • Technology
  • Pnoy
  • Sun.Star Zup!