Fire razes eight houses in Baguio City | SunStar

Fire razes eight houses in Baguio City

Time to read
1 minute
Read so far

Fire razes eight houses in Baguio City

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

EIGHT houses were burned at Purok 4 Cresencia Village, four hours after a vehicular traffic accident occurred along Buhagan (Bokawkan) road causing wide spread power outage in Baguio City.

In a report from Baguio City Police Office Station 2, the fire started at 2:30 a.m. of January 15 in the residence of Gloria Marso.

The fire then broke out to the nearby residences of Susanna Navarro, Razzy Riatazan, Jose Rolluda, Hellario Rolluda, Alfredo Rolluda, Alex Parocha and Michael Carreon.

According to reports, the wake of Alfredo, father of Carreon, was at their residence when the fire broke out.

Although the Carreons tried their best to put out the fire to retrieve the body of their late father, they failed due to the intense heat.

Police said the cause of the fire was due to an unattended lit candle which spread through the adjacent houses made from light materials.

Senior Fire Officer 2 Jose Dagson of the Bureau of Fire Protection declared the fire out at 3:50 a.m. while the BFP is still in the process of investigation.

Eight vehicles were involved in a vehicular accident along Buhagan Road which caused wide spread black out in the city after a delivery truck hit four electrical posts.

BCPO Station 2 reported the incident happened at 10:10 p.m. of January 14 when a forward high side truck, with plate number WPA-449, loaded with sacks of rice driven by Leonides Madera Tan, 37, of San Jose, Nueva Ecija lost its brakes while descending Buhagan Road.

Tan directed his truck towards the right most portion of the road hitting the electrical post of Benguet Electric Cooperative and telecommunication lines.

The impact broke several electrical post while hitting parked motorcycles in the area.

Madera together with his two helpers identified as Cesar Orsame Novilla, 47, and Joven Caneza Toquero, 22, also from San Jose, Nueva Ecija were admitted for treatment and are now undergoing observation at the Baguio General Hospital and Medical center.

Police said the case is still undergoing investigation.

Published in the SunStar Baguio newspaper on January 16, 2018.

Latest issues of SunStar Baguio also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.

View Comments