Baby girl dies in dawn fire-A A +A
Saturday, January 15, 2011
A TWO month old baby girl died in a rented house at West Bayan Park, Aurora Hill at dawn Friday.
A flat iron left unattended is believed to be the reason why the house owned and rented out by spouses Leopoldo and Elvira Salcedo to the baby’s parents got burned.
The baby’s parents reside at the first floor.
The baby’s parents were able to escape, but surprisingly left their baby who was then in deep sleep.
The house was made out of concrete and wood.
A spot report by the Bureau of Fire Protection showed damages costs around P3 to 6 million.
Among those destroyed in the 30 minute blaze were a car, furniture, appliances and other personal properties of the occupants.
Salcedo said the fire probers from the Baguio Fire Station (BFS) who recovered the suspected short-circuited flat iron still have to make their investigation result final.
“The BFS was able to respond on time but the fire was already extensive,” he said. (Rimaliza Opiña with Aure Galacgac)
Published in the Sun.Star Baguio newspaper on January 16, 2011.