Ong King Auto Supply-A A +A
Saturday, November 19, 2011
ONG Tin King and his younger brother arrived in the Philippines sometime in 1926. By 1930, they both decided to come to Baguio City and engage in the buying of scrap metal, bottles, and other materials, which they would bring to Manila to sell.
Ong King married Ong Gim Ha in 1936. They had six children, namely; Antonio, Daniel, Helen, Aida, Henry and Theodore.
After World War II, his brother passed away. With the increase of Scrap metal and the frequent trips to Manila, friends began to ask him to buy spare parts for automobiles on his return trip to Baguio. This started the auto parts business, in Lakandula Street.
Ong King offered free auto tune-ups and check-ups in the shop, which was a boost for Baguio visitors. This contributed to the growth of tourism in the city.
Sometime in 1955, the family moved to Abanao Street until 2005. The new store is located at 143 Abanao Extension.
Published in the Sun.Star Baguio newspaper on November 19, 2011.