Another “Ten Tidbits of Wisdom”-A A +A
Saturday, July 21, 2012
“10” is a “catchy” number. But memorizing 10 ideas is kind of hard; specially for someone on the border of senior citizenship, and the onset of Alzheimer.
We have the 10 Commandments of the Lord given to Moses for all of us! We have the 10 Commandments of Good Customer Relations which we follow in all our establishments; 10 Shift Management tools for all our Managers; and 10 Demandments for all our staff. We even have 10 Leadership Qualities that we aim to exhibit!
I got this email from my cousin, Jane, this morning! Normally, I do not read forwards, nor do I forward quotes. But this one, I read, and immediately forwarded to my siblings, my dearest wife and children, nephews and nieces.
Here is another 10 Tidbits of Wisdom to live by:
1. Prayer is not a “spare wheel” that you pull out when in trouble; it is a “steering wheel” that directs your right path throughout your life.
2. Do you know why a car’s windscreen is so large and the rear view mirror so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE. So look ahead and move on.
3. Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes a few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write.
4. All things in life are temporary. If it is going well, enjoy it; it won’t last forever. If it is going bad, don’t worry, that can’t last too long either.
5. Old friends are like Gold! New friends are like Diamonds! If you get a Diamond, don’t forget the Gold! Because to hold on to a Diamond, you need a base of Gold!
6. Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, God smiles from above and says, “Relax, it’s just a bend, not the end!”
7. When God solves your problems, you have faith in His abilities; when God doesn’t solve your problems, He has faith in your abilities!
8. A blind person asked St. Anthony: “Can there be anything worse than losing one’s eyesight? He replied: “Yes, losing your vision!”
9. When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them. When you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
10. Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s trouble, it only takes away today’s PEACE.
MY DEAREST CHILDREN,
I forwarded the “10 Tidbits of Wisdom” thru your email and thru text. (just to be sure you read them. And as always, an advance copy of each Sunstar article.
I believe that these tidbits of wisdom will help you in life. Each of them could be a topic for an impromptu speech, which your sister, Jen, can easily deliver; while I would have to ponder long and deep before I can talk about each topic.
There is so much wisdom to each line, which I wish we can all discuss over meals someday!
Whenever asked how I can find time to write each week, (actually, almost every week! Your mom pitches in, is a great reliever, and does write better!), I know that the answer is simple. I am motivated by the thought that I am leaving a “legacy” to each of you, each time I write an article. The bonus: all our staff get to read the articles in the staff room(if they wish to!); and so can anyone else who cares to read my column in print or online!
May you and I live each of these 10 Tidbits of Wisdom!
Published in the Sun.Star Baguio newspaper on July 21, 2012.