What I know Now-A A +A
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
INSPIRED by “The Purpose Fairy” (http://www.purposefairy.com/67837/9-truths-you-should-know-by-now/) a week before my birthday, I have come up with a (semi) comprehensive list of what I remember having learned so far, a year before life begins *wink wink*. Here you go:
1. That there are some things you don’t exactly outgrow. Case in point, I’m spending my birthday this year in a carnival. LOL.
2. That that lamentation “ultimately we die alone”, is bull. You live vicariously, you love well, you cherish friendships: there is no way you are forgotten in the hearts of those whose lives you touched.
3. That overthinking takes a big chunk out of life.
4. That the world will not stop if your house is a bit messy, and you procrastinate your general cleaning for next week. Ok, even if it’s A LOT messy. Unless you’re OC, which I’m (thankfully) not.
5. That it’s ok not to have everything. Yet.
6. That the worst thing you can from asking something, anything, is getting an absolute “No.” But that there is something worse than that: not even trying, and wondering all your life why the hell you didn’t.
7. That love, and forgiveness, heals a broken spirit and makes it whole again.
8. That money can’t buy happiness all the time. But yes, the operative phrase is “all the time”. Otherwise stated, sometimes it does.
9. That staycation is love.
10. That wanderlusting is admittedly lovelier. Please refer to No. 8. ?
11. That breathing deeply (simultaneous with closing your eyes for just one moment) spells the big difference between hurting someone with your words, and letting it go.
12. That it is not accidental that the song “Let it Go” from the movie Frozen has touched the lives of millions. That song operates on so many levels for so many different people.
13. That I think all those online articles in the likes of “dark facts about fairy tales/ Disney characters”, “things you didn’t know about your favorite cartoons”, etc. are done by people with so much time in their hands they think it genius to “destroy” images and characters we used to love in our childhood and alter the way we think about them. I don’t read those articles. I have enjoyed “knowing” these characters in my younger years. I’m not going to let some lord of disillusion take that happiness away from me at this age. Re-read item 1 ?.
14. That anywhere with family just chilling out and for most part with nothing (or not much) to worry about is the happiest place on earth. That you do that in Disneyland is an added bonus.
15. That the pain of missing a departed loved one never ceases. It just eases through time.
16. That no work is boring: it is up to you to find something new, something fresh, something (anything) exciting in it every single day.
17. That it is never painful to smile, or say “Thank you”. It may be the best thing some people receive from anyone that day.
18. That I’ve always known that George Clooney will end up with a lawyer too. LOL.
19. That we are immensely blessed, and deeply loved.
20. That there are millions of other things we still have yet to learn, and I pray for enough time to learn them.
(email@example.com/ www.serendipitycouch.com )
Published in the Sun.Star Baguio newspaper on May 01, 2014.