New bid for Athletic Bowl rehab scheduled

-A A +A

Wednesday, August 27, 2014


THE Department of Public Works and Highways-Cordillera set a new date for the rebidding of the scheduled reconstruction of the Athletic Bowl bleachers.

After a depressing failure in the contract bid earlier this month, DPWH-CAR republished to set another timetable for the project bidding onSeptember 4.

Chief of Planning and Design DPWH-CAR Cesario Rillera told Sun.Star Baguio the department has scheduled a later date for accepting proposals from interested contractors.

Advertisement

“We have a new schedule for the bidding. Unfortunately the failure of bidding last August 12 delayed the project for more than one month,” Rillera said.

According to Rillera the fiasco added another 30 to 45 days of delay to the project.

“The advertisement will take a month before its implementation, so if we calculate the number of days of the set back more or less we are already in the 45-days margin of delay,” Rillera said.

Despite the interruption, Rillera said the department will ask the winning contractor to at least implement urgency in completing the project.

“Sa timetable kasi the declared working hours per day is eight hours only. If we can ask the contractor to do it in a 24/7 basis maybe they can still make up for the loss time,” Rillera said.

In the previous bidding two general contractors submitted their interest to implement the project, RUA Construction and CAD-ERA Design and Builders.

RUA Construction posted some P13.6 million as its pitch for the project while CAD-ERA Design and Builders was disqualified for submitting unsigned bid documents and for failing to include a proposal bond.

“Actually the two bidders were ineligible according to their merits. RUA is lacking in experience while CAD-ERA is deficient on some areas,” Rillera said.

“We will try to see if they will still get to join the next order, kapag mas marami kasi ang mag-bibigay ng proposal mas magkakaroon ng option ang department to choose who will be qualified enough to be awarded with the project,” Rillera added.

A total of P14.7 million in allocations are being waged for the completion of the 96-meter span of the bleachers including the building of a new grand stand and a multi-purpose office.

According to DPWH-CAR the original plan is to totally replace the almost 70 year-old bleachers and its canopy with standard and sturdier materials.

The city is currently rushing to finish the first phase improvements as it host the annual Cordillera Administrative Region Athletic Association February of next year.

Published in the Sun.Star Baguio newspaper on August 28, 2014.

Sports

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Today's front page

Sun.Star Baguio's front page for December 20, 2014

Other front pages

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Obituary
  • Pacman blog
  • Pnoy
  • Habemus Papam
  • Technology
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Festivals
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Filipino Abroad
  • ePaper
  • Sinulog
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Philippine Polls
  • Calamity Report
  • goodearth