Loman eyeing cage return this year | SunStar

Loman eyeing cage return this year

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Loman eyeing cage return this year

Saturday, August 26, 2017

AFTER his supposed title bout was shelved earlier this year, Stephen Loman remains upbeat of fighting for the bantamweight crown in the Pacific Xtreme Combat later this year.

Loman, of the famed Team Lakay said they are eyeing a possible bout later this year.

“Hopefully makalaban ulit by September,” the soft spoken Loman said.
However, the bantamweight title contender did not give further details whether his next bout will be for the title again.

Loman was supposed to take on reigning champion Trevin Jones as headliner for the PXC 56 slated in March but due to weight issues, the bout was scrapped by the organizers.

Loman (8-2) earned the title shot after racking-up three victories including a huge win against highly touted and former title contender Mark Abelardo via unanimous decision in November 18 last year.

The Team Lakay fighter also topped Frans Mlamabo in Brave Combat Federation in September and Ernie Braca in PXC 53. (Roderick Osis)

Published in the SunStar Baguio newspaper on August 26, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Baguio also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.

View Comments