154 Pinoy workers leave for South Korea-A A +A
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
MANILA -- One hundred fifty-four overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) left the country Monday night for South Korea, radio reports said Tuesday.
The departure came after the government lifted the deployment ban it earlier imposed due to skirmishes at the Korean Peninsula.
Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz said Monday that the deployment resumed as the tension in South Korea already subsided.
The 154 OFWs were supposed to leave last week, but the government delayed their departure after North Korea fired artilleries to the South Korean island of Yeonpyeong.
Several civilians were killed in the attack. (Sunnex)