Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 04:27 p.m.
A PROSECUTOR in Batangas was killed on Thursday by riding in tandem gunmen while on his way to a hearing of a case in a court in Sta. Teresita town, the Department of Justice said.
Prosecutor General Claro Arellano said the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has already been tasked to look into the "senseless" killing of Assistant Provincial Prosecutor Alexander Sandoval.
Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 04:23 p.m.
MANILA (Updated) -- Classes were suspended from kindergarten to high school levels in some cities in Metro Manila on Thursday due to heavy rains, which caused flooding in some areas.
Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim announced the suspension past 3 p.m., as major roads in the city were flooded in knee-deep water and rendered impassable to light vehicles.
Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 03:37 p.m.
THE Cebu Archdiocese through the Barkada ni Pedro urged parishioners on Thursday to watch the advance screening of the award-winning movie, Boses, an indie film that promotes child protection and family values.
The film, produced by Erasto Films and Cinemalaya, will have a special screening on June 25 at SM Cebu Cinema-5 at 10 a.m., 12 p.m. and 2 p.m., while the regular showing will be on July 31, 2013 at SM Cinemas. The movie is starred by Ricky Davao and Cherry Pie Picache.
Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 03:05 p.m.
THE Bureau of Customs (BOC) has seized boxes of illegally imported used clothing, shoes and bags worth over P21 million in three different warehouses in the southern part of Metro Manila.
Customs Commissioner Ruffy Biazon said the 2,100 boxes of used clothing, shoes and bags were confiscated in a warehouse at San Vicente, Biñan City, Laguna; 400 boxes in a warehouse at the Filipina Compound in San Pedro, Laguna; and 300 boxes at the Woodville Warehouse in Parañaque City.
Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 12:11 p.m.
TWO individuals may face imprisonment and will have to pay P50.72 million to the government for alleged failure to pay taxes and file returns.
In a complaint filed before the Department of Justice on Thursday, the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) said Joselito Nicolas did not pay taxes or file any tax return from 2009 to 2012.
Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 11:54 a.m.
SEVEN out of the 17 Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Boards (RTWPBs) do not have any more reasons to snub wage hike petitions after the one year prohibited period on wage orders have expired.
Based on the data provided by the National Wages and Productivity Commission (NWPC), seven of the 17 regions in the country have already reached their respective wage order anniversary dates.
Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 11:39 a.m.
A LAWMAKER demanded Thursday the two Metro Manila private water concessionaires to fully account for the P6 billion collection on abandoned water and sewerage system improvement projects before discussions on increase in water rates take place.
Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 08:59 a.m.
TEN men allegedly involved in the death of San Beda law student Marc Andrei Marcos nearly a year ago are now being hunted by authorities after a Cavite court ordered their arrest on June 3.
Listed in the order of Executive Judge Perla Cabrera-Faller of the Cavite Regional Trial Court were Jenno Antonio Villanueva, Emmanuel Jefferson Santiago, Richard Rosales, Mohamad Fyzee Alim, Chino Daniel Amante, Julius Alcancia, Edrich Gomez, Dexter Circa, Gian Angelo Veluz and Glenn Meduen.
Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 08:54 a.m.
SENATOR Juan Ponce Enrile deemed it fit to resign as Senate President last week having anticipated the lack of support from administration allies in the incoming 16th Congress, Vice President Jejomar Binay said Wednesday.
He said Enrile no longer has the numbers to keep him on his post owing to the victory of nine out of 12 Team PNoy senatorial candidates in the midterm elections last May. Other senators are also tipped to back Senator Franklin Drilon to replace Enrile, a stalwart of the rival United Nationalist Alliance (UNA).
Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 06:26 a.m.
SAN FRANCISCO — Yahoo is trying to breathe new life into inactive email accounts by giving away the identifications beginning next month.
The program announced Wednesday will give Web surfers an opportunity to claim a new handle that had previously been unavailable. It also represents a last chance for Yahoo users who haven't logged in for at least a year one final chance to keep the address.