Breaking News | SunStar

Breaking News

Latest

No IAS recommendation on Kian slay as Ombudsman takes over

THE Philippine National Police (PNP) Internal Affairs Service (IAS) said it failed to make a recommendation on the killing of 17-year-old Kian Loyd delos Santos because the Office of the Ombudsman insisted on taking over.

Read More

Napolcom: Not all execs stripped of police power linked to drugs

THE National Police Commission (Napolcom) clarified on Friday, November 24, that not all the local officials who were stripped of their power over the police in their areas of jurisdiction have been linked to illegal drugs.

Read More

Faeldon, other ex-Customs officials 'not off the hook yet'

FORMER Bureau of Customs officials Nicanor Faeldon, Gerardo Gambala, Milo Maestrecampo and Neil Estrella are not off the hook yet.

Read More

Duterte names new appointees

(UPDATED) President Rodrigo Duterte has appointed former Justice secretary Agnes Devanadera as the new chairperson of the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) and Commission on Elections (Comelec) commissioner Sheriff Abas as the poll body's

Read More

Duterte vows to bring justice for Maguindanao massacre victims

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has promised the families of the Maguindanao massacre victims that he will bring justice for their loved ones before his six-year term ends, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said Friday.

Read More

Makabayan seeks probe into police use of sonic weapon

MAKABAYAN lawmakers have filed a resolution seeking an investigation into the police's use of a sonic weapon to disperse protesters against US President Donald Trump's visit to the country for the Southeast Asian summit last week.

Read More