Robredo wake in Palace open to public-A A +A
Thursday, August 23, 2012
MANILA -- The wake that will be held for the late Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo in Malacañang will be open to the public from Friday night to Saturday, officials said.
Robredo's remains will be flown from Naga City to Manila on Friday at 9 a.m. His remains will lie in state at the Palace's Kalayaan Hall.
According to a latest bulletin issued by the Committee on Funeral Arrangements and Burial of Robredo, the public viewing will start from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday. On Saturday, public viewing will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
A public mass will be held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday.
Manuel Quezon III, a member of the committee, said the access for the public to Kalayaan Hall will be through Gate 7 of the Malacañang compound.
Gate 6 will be opened exclusively for the family and friends of the DILG chief.
Quezon said those who wanted to send food and other donations would have to proceed to Gate 4.
President Benigno Aquino III will receive the family and the remains of the late Secretary upon their arrival at the Malacañang Palace.
The following is the schedule of the public viewing and ceremonial services from Friday to Tuesday based on Bulletin No. 5 issued by the funeral committee:
Friday -- August 24, 2012
(7:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.)
Transfer from Archbishop’s Palace to Pili (Naga) Airport
- Departure Honors will be rendered in the Archbishop’s Palace by the Philippine National Police (PNP)
- Police Host: PNP Regional Director
-Six honorary pallbearers to be designated by the family
Route: Crown – San Francisco – Peñafrancia – San Felipe – Balatas – Cararayan – Del Rosario – Pili
(9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.)
Transfer from Pili (Naga) Airport to Villamor Airbase, Metro Manila
- Departure Honors will be rendered at Naga Airport by the PNP
- Arrival Honors will be rendered at Villamor Airbase by the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP)
- Military Host: PAF Commanding General
- Honorary Pallbearers (6):
- Secretary Florencio B. Abad
- Secretary Manuel A. Roxas II
- Rep. Jun Abaya (Liberal Party)
- Harvey Keh (Kaya Natin movement)
- Alice Murphy (Urban Poor groups)
- Joan dela Cruz (DILG)
(10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
Transfer from Villamor Airbase to Malacañan Palace
- Departure Honors will be rendered at Villamor Airbase by the AFP.
- Escort will be provided by the Presidential Security Group (PSG).
- Arrival Honors in Malacañan Palace will be rendered by the PSG
Route: Villamor Airbase – NAIA Road – Roxas Boulevard – Padre Burgos Street – Finance Road – Ayala Boulevard – Ayala Bridge - Solano Street - Malacañan Palace
(11:00 a.m. –12:00 p.m.)
Ceremony with the President in Malacañan Palace
- The casket bearing the remains will be solemnly brought down from the hearse by the 8 casket bearers and 6 honorary pallbearers.
- Thereafter, arrival honors led by the President will be rendered for the late Secretary.
- 19-gun Salute
The casket will then be brought to Kalayaan Hall where the remains of Secretary Robredo will lie-in-State until Sunday morning.
(1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
Memorial Service sponsored by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), attached agencies and Local Government Leagues
(3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.)
Memorial Service sponsored by Urban Poor Groups
(4:30 p.m. –5:30 p.m.)
Memorial Service sponsored by Kaya Natin Movement
(6:00 p.m. –7:00 p.m.)
(7:00 p.m. –11:00 p.m.)
Saturday – August 25, 2012
(8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
(6:00 p.m. –7:00 p.m.)
(7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
Memorial Service sponsored by the Liberal Party of the Philippines
8:15 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Memorial Service sponsored by fellow Cabinet Members
Sunday -- August 26, 2012
(6:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m.)
Transfer from Malacañan Palace to Villamor Airbase
- Departure honors to be rendered by the Presidential Security Group in Kalayaan Hall, Malacañan Palace, which includes a 19-gun Salute.
- Departure honors to be rendered by the Armed Forces of the Philippines in Villamor Airbase
- Same Honorary Pallbearers as Friday
Route: Malacañan Palace - J.P. Laurel Street - Nagtahan Bridge - Quirino Avenue - Osmeña Highway - Skyway - Villamor Airbase
Transfer from Pili (Naga) Airport to the Naga City Hall
- Escort from Pili (Naga) Airport to Naga City Hall will be provided by the PNP.
- Arrival Honors will be rendered in Naga Airport upon arrival and in Naga City Hall upon arrival
- Honorary Pallbearers to be designated by the Family
Monday – August 27, 2012
(8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.)
Transfer from Naga City Hall to the Basilica Minore de Nuestra Señora de Peñafrancia
- PNP Departure Honors will be held in Naga City Hall upon departure of the remains
Route: City Hall – Miranda Avenue – Panganiban – Diversion – Tabuko – Gen. Luna St. – left to Abella – Bayawas St. – Sta. Cruz Proper – pass through back of Alfonso – Queborac - Basilica
- PNP Arrival Honors will be rendered in Naga City Hall upon arrival in the Basilica
- Honorary Pallbearers to be designated by the family
Tuesday -- August 28, 2012
- Start of the State Funeral
- Response of the Family
- The President will deliver a eulogy for Secretary Robredo.
- The casket is brought out of the Basilica by pallbearers, accompanied by the designated Honorary Pallbearers of the Family; with accompanying departure honors and a 19-gun salute rendered by the AFP.
- The casket will be loaded onto the caisson where the funeral cortege will proceed to the Funeraria Imperial with accompanying military band and the participation of the PNP.
- At the Funeraria Imperial, a three-volley salute, given by a company of 21 soldiers, followed by the playing of Taps will take place.
- Following Taps, the national flag is taken off the casket, folded, and presented to the widow by the President.
- The presentation of the flag concludes the State Funeral. The remains are then brought inside Funeraria Imperial for cremation. After the cremation, the PNP shall provide an escort for the family as they undertake the private interment of the ashes.
Quezon said Robredo's widow, Leni Robredo, has requested the public that in lieu of flowers, a donation to her late husband's preferred charities be made.
The following charities include:
- Physicians for Peace Philippines Inc., particularly for their Walking Free and Resource Center for the Blind programs;
o Contact Person: Dr. Josephine Robredo – Bundoc
o Account Details: BDO-Intramuros Branch #004508004757
- Missionaries for the Poor
o Contact person: Fr. Joseph M. Ssali M.O.P.
o Account Details: Metrobank, Naga, G. Luna Branch #4183418131358
o Address: Heart of Mercy Monastery San Rafael, Cararayan, Naga City
o Telephone Number: (054) 475-4730 or 4754754
o E-mail: email@example.com
- Project Jose
Quezon, meanwhile, said that those who still wish to send flowers to Malacañan Palace may send them to Gate 6, starting Friday.
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the state funeral for Robredo in Naga City is open to public. (Jill Beltran/Sunnex)