Clinton blasts anti-Islam movie-A A +A
Friday, September 14, 2012
MOSCOW -- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called the film that triggered anti-American riots across the Middle East “disgusting and reprehensible” on Thursday.
“Let me state very clearly – and I hope it is obvious – that the United States Government had absolutely nothing to do with this video. We absolutely reject its content and message,” Clinton said at a meeting with her Moroccan counterpart Saad-Eddine Al-Othmani in Washington.
“But as I said yesterday, there is no justification, none at all, for responding to this video with violence. We condemn the violence that has resulted in the strongest terms,” she added.
U.S. diplomatic missions in Egypt, Yemen and Libya were attacked earlier this week over the film, “Innocence of Muslims,” which mocks Islam and Prophet Muhammad. Hundreds of people were injured in clashes with police, and about 20 were killed, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens. (PNA/RIA Novosti)