Araneta avenue underpass to open Friday-A A +A
Sunday, September 23, 2012
MALACANANG announced Sunday that the Araneta Avenue underpass will be officially opened to motorists on Friday (September 28).
“I clarified the exact date as to when it will be opened and our fellow workers in the Department of Public Works and Highways said that it will be on September 28,” Valte said in an interview over state-run Radyo ng Bayan.
Valte said there is still no schedule if President Benigno Aquino III will grace the inauguration of the P430-million underpass, which is expected to ease traffic along Quezon Avenue and other major thoroughfares nearby.
The construction of the Araneta underpass started in June last year. (Jill Beltran/Sunnex)