10 family members die in electrical fire in India

-A A +A

Sunday, October 14, 2012


LUCKNOW, India -- Police said 10 members of a family were been burned to death after an electrical short circuit caused a fire that engulfed their home in northern India.

Police spokesman Surendra Srivastava said the accident took place before dawn Saturday in Agra in Uttar Pradesh state. The dead included three children. Two other people were injured in the accident.

Srivastava said it took fire engines a long time to reach the building because it was located in a crowded area with narrow, winding lanes. (AP)

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
Sun.Star Jobs
  • Filipino Abroad
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Philippine Polls
  • Sinulog
  • Habemus Papam
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Pacman blog
  • Technology
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • Festivals
  • ePaper
  • Pnoy
  • Obituary
  • goodearth
  • Calamity Report
  • tell it to sunstar