Another Aman exec surrenders to NBI-A A +A
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
ONE of the leaders of the Aman Futures Group Philippines Inc. that duped some 15,000 investors in Visayas and Mindanao last year surrendered to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Monday night.
Confirming the development to reporters, NBI Deputy Director for Regional Operations Services Virgilio Mendez said Dhurwin Wenceslao surrendered to head agent Sixto Comia of the agency’s environmental and wildlife protection investigation division.
Mendez said Wenceslao went to the NBI so that he can finally face his P43.24-million syndicated estafa case filed with the Pagadian City Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 20. Wenceslao is the co-accused of Dona Coyme in that case.
Of the 10 officials of the ill-fated investment firm, only Aman head Manuel Amalilio is still at large. The Department of Justice is still verifying information that Amalilio is hiding in Malaysia.
Amalilio and Wenceslao were also ordered arrested by Judge Dennis Vicoy for a separate syndicated estafa case worth P46.66 million. (Virgil Lopez/Sunnex)