Aquino appoints new officials in various government agencies-A A +A
Friday, February 1, 2013
MANILA -- President Benigno Aquino III has appointed new officials in various government agencies, deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte announced Friday.
Aquino appointed Roberto P. Cabrera III as executive director, under co-terminus status, of Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board under the Department of Transportation and Communications.
The Chief Executive also named Jose Marlowe S. Pedregosa as executive director of Dangerous Drugs Board also in a co-terminus status.
The President also signed the appointment papers of Evangeline de Castro-Cruzado as member of Career Executive Service Board (CESB) with a term of six years and Sheirwin H. Taay as executive director of the National Youth Commission with a term of three years.
Also, Aquino appointed five new members of the board of directors of DBP Data Center Inc. namely: Gil A. Buenaventura, Alberto A. Lim, Cecilio B. Lorenzo, Marietta M. Fondevilla and Roberto F. Viray. Their term will expire on June 30, 2013.
He likewise appointed two new officials in the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority namely: Francisco B. Jucar Jr. as director IV, and Florencio F. Sunico Jr. as acting director IV.
Other presidential appointees include the following:
- Estrelita S. Hizon, member of governing board representing the private sector in the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration and Department of Labor and Employment.
- Jennifer Santiago Oreta, executive director IV of the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process
- Ronald Castillo, acting assistant Schools Division Superintendent, Department of Education.
- Gerelyn Balneg, director III, Department of Social Welfare and Development
- Remedios S. Espinosa, acting director III, Bureau of Customs, Department of Finance
- Daniel A. Ariaso Sr., assistant secretary, Department of Energy