Lao donates $30,000 for 'Pablo' victims-A A +A
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
MANILA -- Lao People's Democratic Republic has extended financial assistance in the amount of $30,000 for the victims of typhoon "Pablo" which hit the Philippines in December last year, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Wednesday.
Lao Deputy Foreign Minister Bounkeut Sangomsak presented a cheque to Philippine Ambassador to Laos Maria Lumen Isleta at a ceremony held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Vientiane on January 22.
Sangsomsak expressed the sympathies and condolences of the Lao Government and people to those affected by the large-scale devastation caused by the natural disaster. He also said that Laos shares the pain and suffering of the Philippines and hopes that nature would spare the country from future major calamities.
Isleta conveyed deep appreciation for Laos' generous gesture and support during this difficult time.
She also briefed Sangsomsak on the continuing relief/reconstruction efforts in the affected areas including the extent of the loss and damage caused by the typhoon. (SDR/Sunnex)