11 houses gutted in Cebu City fire-A A +A
Thursday, February 14, 2013
CEBU CITY (2nd Update)-- Approximately 11 houses were razed to the ground when a fire hit a residential area in Sitio Santo Niño, Barangay Capitol Site, Thursday morning, a radio report said.
According to Fire Officer 1 (FO1) Butch Cabasbas, the Cebu City Fire Department received the alarm at 10:13 a.m. which happened at a residential area at the back of Petron gasoline station along B. Rodriguez St.
Firefighters and Chinese volunteers responded to the scene where they initially categorized it as "general alarm" fire.
In an interview by radio dyAB, FO3 Emiliano Daño said they had a difficult time battling the fire due to the narrow paths leading to the affected houses.
However, no casualties and fatalities were reported.
The fire was declared under control around 10:50 a.m.
According to reports, the fire started at the house of Vicente David.
As of this posting, the city fire department is still investigating the cause of the fire. The amount of damage to properties is also yet to be determined.
Manuel Guanzon, Capitol Site village chief, said they will set up tents for the affected families. He will also call for an emergency session to declare the area under state of calamity (Sunnex)
Note: It was reported earlier that six houses were affected.