Policeman held for 2011 Makati bus bombing

-A A +A

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A POLICEMAN was arrested Tuesday for allegedly bombing a passenger bus in Makati City in January 2011, leaving five people dead and 16 others injured, said a report from the Philippine National Police (PNP).

PNP spokesman Chief Superintendent Generoso Cerbo said Police Officer 2 Arnold Mayo, previously assigned with the PNP’s Special Action Force, was placed under arrest by virtue of a warrant issued by a court.

He said Mayo surrendered to the PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-National Capital Region and would be presented before the court.

Cerbo said Mayo is also under investigation in connection with the accidental explosion in Taguig in January last year that left two policemen and two civilians dead. (VR/Sunnex)

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
2013 Bar results out

FOREX: US$ 1.00 = PhP 44.420

Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas

Philippine Lotto Results

Gamesort iconCombinations
6Digit7-2-0-8-1-6
Swertres Lotto 11AM8-9-8
Swertres Lotto 4PM4-5-2
Swertres Lotto 9PM6-0-7
EZ2 Lotto 9PM04-02

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Sinulog
  • ePaper
  • goodearth
  • Philippine Polls
  • Festivals
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Habemus Papam
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Technology
  • Pnoy
  • Obituary
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • Calamity Report
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Pacman blog
  • Filipino Abroad